Come Work for a Fast Growing, Global Food Ingredient Company – Engineer Wanted!
Position: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Clewiston, Florida
Manufacturing Engineer Job Description 161111
Fiberstar, Inc. is a rapidly growing food ingredient company focusing on improving food freshness and nutrition through technological innovation. Fiberstar’s investment in research has led to the development of unique products that improve the physical and functional characteristics of a wide variety of foods for food manufacturers all over the world. This engineer position will report directly to the Plant Manager at the Clewiston, FL production facility to develop and maintain a fully functioning maintenance/engineering system. More information on the company and its products can be seen on our website at: www.fiberstar.net.
Job Description Summary:
- Apply standard engineering techniques in the analysis of existing production lines from raw materials to finished packages.
- Initiate, implement, and cost justify modifications to production lines in response to equipment performance, line utilization, and product quality issues.
- Understand production line capabilities for process operations, identify bottleneck operations, and implement improvements. Interface with logistics, maintenance, engineering, and production to resolve equipment availability issues.
- As an active member of the process engineering team, continually improve the rates, efficiencies, yields, and costs of manufacturing systems
- Provide technical resources to all company departments and be an active participant in cross-functional teams.
- Incorporate safety, sanitation, good manufacturing practices, HACCP, and code requirements into design work.
- Provide training to production and maintenance personnel.
- Manage engineering projects to meet performance expectations and cost projections; direct contractors when appropriate.
- Provide leadership through production line and new product commissioning.
- Be actively involved in the development and implementation of the long-term improvement programs.
- Manage engineering projects to meet performance expectations and cost projections.
- Develop ideas for savings, innovation, and quality improvements that are relevant to the business.
- Collaborate with business, and technical peers on assigned projects, as well as external partners and resources to meet company milestones.
- Ensure that adequate Engineering / Maintenance are operating within all Federal, State, Local and Corporate safety guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain and control the operations of the Engineering / Maintenance ensuring compliance to all standards and specifications while maintaining high standards workmanship.
- Work closely with Director of Operations and Engineering, Director of Operations –Clewiston, and Plant Engineers to select and manage equipment suppliers and vendors.
- Select, hire and manage engineering consultants and construction contractors.
- Perform any other assigned to meet company and business needs
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent troubleshooting ability of electrical, mechanical, and automated systems
- Self-starter; ability to work independently or with minimal direction, and navigate ambiguous situations effectively.
- Communicate effectively both written and verbal in all directions to multiple levels of experience.
- Education in a relevant engineering field. Preference given to engineering, reliability, and maintenance experience in the food industry.
- Experienced in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Preventive Maintenance Systems, computer networking
- Rockwell PLC troubleshooting
- Electrical installation and troubleshooting knowledge (MCC, Motors, Controls, Ethernet)
- Knowledgeable in material transfer systems, pumps, piping, powder conveying, and packaging.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in the English language.
- Willingness to work occasional nights, holidays, and weekends as needed should business conditions require it.
- Ability to work in articulated man lifts, and high platforms.
- Due to the need to be able to identify wire colors and LED indicator lights color vision will be required.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs as need in normal course of job duties.
- Occasional travel required for project meetings, supplier/consultant meetings, and inspections
- A base salary to commensurate with experience.
- Benefits package, including medical insurance, flex-plan, & 401(k)
- Great opportunity to grow with a small company that is well-positioned for continued growth in the global marketplace.